Wednesday 17 February 2021

Lessons my Grandma taught me!

 

I have such fond memories of my grandmothers. They were both special in their own way and taught me so much about how to live my life that I will be forever grateful! Here’s the list of the top six things they shared with me:

(1)   Don’t say anything if you can’t say something nice about someone. I think this is my favorite one as it has kept me in good stead all my life.

(2)   Never be late. Doing so makes you think you’re more important than someone else. You’re not!

(3)   Life is too serious to be taken seriously. Keep a sense of humor, it will help get you through the hard times. They were both right about that one!

(4)   Share what you can with those in need. Know what is your burden to bear, and what is not. This one has kept me sane over the years.

(5)   Don’t be a critic. Critic’s don’t create, they only tear down. This helps me when reviewers say unkind things about my work. I try to remember that they probably just need a hug today!

(6)   Do the best you can do at everything you do. At least then you will know you gave it your all!

Thank you, my beautiful grandmothers, for being strong and sharing your gems of wisdom with me! You did more good than you can possibly know!

Hugs, January Bain

No comments:

Post a Comment